Molson Coors Beverage Company Swot Analysis Case Solution
The main purpose of Swot analysis is to identify the possible strategies which a firm can imply to utilizethe surrounding factors and external opportunities, overcome threats and substitutes and to protect itself by minimizing its weaknesses. (Sankrusme, 2011) (See Appendix A)
Molson Coors Beverage Company holds a strong position in the market. The numerous numbers of associated strengths of this company include:(Aschbrenner, 2015)
- It is one of the “go-to-places” for the customers due to its strong potential in the market.
- It has a strong dealer community,i.e. it builds a strong positive environment among its dealers and distributors. This community does not only support the Coors product but also invests in the sales and training of the company.
- Molson Coors brewing has developed its excellent market performance by expanding its firm. This helps the organization in generating a new revenue stream and in eradicating the economic risk.
- It has the highest level of customer satisfaction among its dealers and customers due to its good product quality and the potential in its performance.
- It has a highly skilled and equipped workforce, which the company achieved when it invested in the training and development of its workers in order to avoid any distinction. This helped Molson Coors to hold the prospective position in the market.
- Weakness- Low
There are a few areas in which Molson Coors has some lacking but these areas could be improved through various possible strategically introduced changes. These areas include:
- The marketing of the product is the center of attraction for all the potential customers. The product developed by Molson Coors is highly successful when it comes to its sales but what Molson Coors lacks is its positioning and unique selling, which is not upto the mark as compared to the potential competitors.
- It has very limited success outside its core business, which makes Coors very demotivated in comparison to its competitors.
- The financial planning of Molson Coors is not properly assessed. It has been identified that the current asset and cash ratio highlight that the company can use the cash more efficiently than what the way it is using the cash presently.
- Molson Coors is very inferior in blending with the different cultural workforce. As stated above, Molson Coors is very good at working with small companies but it cannot easily work in the highest potential and biggest workforce.
- Molson Coors needs to maintain and develop its visionary statements and it needs to invest more in different companies.
- As the company has a stable free cash flow, it can invest in more adjacent product segments and companies. This should open a window of opportunity for Molson Coors Brewing in other product categories.
- The new taxation policy can open new opportunities for Molson Coors to hold a prominent place in the market.
- Diminishing the expense of transportation due to decreased delivery costs can likewise cut down the expense of Molson Coors Brewing’s items. It can accordingly give a chance to the organization – either to support its productivity or give the advantages to the clients to gain the highest market share.
- An organization needs to identify its expertise and competencies so that it could invest in several other fields to gain high profits. A comparative example could be – GE healthcare research, which helped it in developing better oil drilling machines………………..
- This is just a sample partial case solution. Please place the order on the website to order your own originally done case solution.