Off course yes, there were many contribution elementsfor effective lean implementation which are discussed below;
- The clear direction and utmost support was being provided by top management of company.
- The continuous support was given by Mr. Gewald, Global Head, he had lead successfully.
- The general manager of kalwa plant Mr. Khandekar. He had demonstrated â€œwalk the talkâ€ through viewing his strong commitment by closely involved in the activity of implementationin order to make sure that the workforce have understood goals of this plan.
- The target and objectives of lean was clearly communicated to entire team;
- The introduction was given to office employees and shop floor workers in order to distinctly communicate regardinginitiative and objectives as well.
- The clear reasons were provided on choosing manufacture of panel and VCB.
- The development of team of lean implementation which included;
- General manager of kalwa plant Mr. Khandekar, the head of both VCB and panels implementation team
- Vedak have provide immense support for VCB.
- Working groups from cross functional executives and team managers.
- The consultant was appointed in order to take help on implementation. The tangible benefits provided by him includes;
- Reduction in level of inventory.
- The productivity among labor have increased
- Improve utilization of space
- Company have highly motivated and committed in implementing plan.
- The leaders of group have supported the workers so that they have maintained the pace of line.
- With proper training and guidance, the workersfelt motivated and encouraged to ensure this initiative.
- Fixed takt time
- Assembly line introduced
Support system changes;
- Dashboard introduced
- A fixed time to make complete discussion on escalated issue.
- Training in order to ensure that the employees of company have right skill-set.
- Able to adopt Just In Time (JIT) delivery of supplies.
- Able to support the â€œpullâ€ philosophy.
- Identical dress code
- Sense of team belongingness
The three main objectives achieved are as follows;
- The throughput time of panel have reduced by 30% on shop floor.
- First Pass Yield (FPY) have increased by 40%.
- The productivity of workers have increased by 30%
The kalwa plant must have a closer look over implementing lean to remaining functions whichare as follows;
- Functions and processes of engineering department
- Functions and processes of design department.
- Supplier and vendor manufacturing functions and processes.
As there are different sections which was needed to be changed during the theory of lean management for instance; design and engineering department, shop floor, and vendor and suppliers. These sections were highly reluctant to modern methods. The changes in traditional methods adopted by them have started with collaboration between Mr. Kulkarni and Mr. Khandekar.
In the first step, Vedak along with his team have visited to the lean plant at Maruti, they have also understood the importance of lean management, and additionally the American consultants have reached as well in order to corporate with them………………
This is just a sample partical work. Please place the order on the website to get your own originally done case solution.